Chocolate Banana Muffins
This is most definitely my new favorite recipe for a special treat. Ooey gooey chocolate and perfect amount of natural sweetness that won’t send your blood sugar levels for a spin. I made these as a birthday present. These would also be perfect for a snack or if desiring something sweet but grounding after dinner.
*Altered recipe from the amazing Detoxinista to make sugar free. This recipe will make 21 muffins.
2 cups organic peanut butter (or use any nut butter you desire)
4 very ripe bananas
2 tsp baking soda
4 tbsp. non-alcoholic vanilla (must be non-alcoholic!)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp. monk fruit sweetener (optional)
2 tsp. cinnamon
2-3 tbsp. Cacao Powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash the 4 bananas in a large bowl.
3. Add in peanut butter (or nut butter of choice) and mix the nut butter and mashed banana together.
4. Add in the baking soda, vanilla, salt, monk fruit sweetener, cinnamon, chocolate chips, and cacao powder and mix together.
5. Taste to make sure you are satisfied with the amount of sweetness, chocolatness, and saltiness. Your body is unique! Alter this recipe to add more or less of anything to honor what will feel nourishing to your system.
6. Once satisfied, add in the 6 eggs.
7. You can make these in a muffin tin or place 21 muffin wrappers on a baking tray and scoop in 2 spoonfuls of the dough into each wrapper or tin. The wrapper will be filled up with your mixture 3/4 of the way from the top.
8. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. If tops start to brown quickly, at 15 minutes, place aluminum foil over the top of your tray to protect the top of your muffins. Bake for another 25-30 minutes.
9. Once done, savor the smell of chocolate in the air. Place one muffin on your favorite plate, make your favorite tea, sit down in your favorite spot and thoroughly enjoy!