Bacon and Brussels Sprouts
Incorporating more vegetables into your daily eating can be all about baby steps. First, find the vegetables that you love to eat and start incorporating a vegetable at each meal. You can add some fun foods to your vegetables like BACON! This scrumptious recipe you'll get your vegetables in and some tasty sugar free bacon (Wellshire Farms has a sugar free bacon and let's face it bacon really doesn't need sugar added to it).
2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, cut in half and ends cut off
6 strips of bacon
Optional: Sprinkle of Garlic powder
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place the brussels sprout halves in a roasting pan. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder and salt.
3. Cook the strips of bacon until just barely cooked. Place on a paper towel while they cool. Once cooled break up the bacon and scatter all over the brussels sprouts.
4. Drizzle leftover oil from cooking the bacon over brussels sprouts or drizzle olive oil or a mixture of both!
5. Place the roasting pan in the oven and roast for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, toss the brussels sprouts and bacon in the pan so that the sprouts are evenly cooked.
6. Continue roasting for another 15 minutes. To finish, turn the oven to broil for 2-3 minutes, mixing halfway through so that the sprouts crisp evenly.
7. Remove from the oven. Plate, serve, and enjoy as a snack or side dish to your meal!